Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Typo logo design experiments #1


The first set of experiments for a redesign of the TYPO stationary logo. Here I played with the idea of a Typo being a defect. The sees itself as being fresh and fun so I had licence to be a little messy. I used the ink splats to try and emphasize the O in typ-O to give the feeling that something went wrong when the word was being typed. Emphasizing the last character in the word gives it a feeling of narrative. Typo being a specialty stationery store I thought the use of ink was appropriate. I chose to start my experiments with Times New Roman as it is one of the most common fonts and default in most word processors.


1 comment:

  1. Emphasizing the last character in the word gives it a feeling of narrative. Typo being a specialty stationery store I thought the use of ink was appropriate. I chose to start my experiments with Times New Roman as it is one of the most common fonts and default in most word processors. logo design

    ReplyDelete